Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There and Back Again


Image via Wikipedia
I've made it safely back to home soil, however, my luggage decided it wanted to extend its vacation. It should be following me home sometime today.

Unfortunately, my usb cord for my camera is in said luggage, so I'm unable to get any pictures off my camera right now. I think I'll wait to post more about the trip until I can have visuals to go with.

I'm happy to be home, happy to say I was missed by husband and kittens, but sad to be separated from the fabulous friends I met. We are already scheming reunions.

I'm exhausted beyond exhausted. Every night at the convention we stayed up just a little later. I think I averaged 4 hours of sleep over five days, plus two days of early travelling (one day from Brighton to London, then the next from London to home) where I didn't get much sleep.

The trip home was horrendous, which was such a stark contrast to the fun of the rest of the weekend! While I was in England, British Airways cancelled my return flight and I had to rebook.

Now, I'm going to ask for your help.

I'd like to send BA a note, a complaint, if you will, about what happened. Yes, they're on strike, but I think (I think?) I have a legit complaint. I thought I'd ask for extra opinions and/or suggestions.

I specifically paid extra money, in order to treat myself and get a direct flight. It was just 9 hours plus a few minutes, both ways. When my trip got cancelled, the only thing they had was for me to fly from London to Dallas, in TEN hours (note the emphasis on ten, LOL). Then, a 1 1/2 stop over in Dallas, in which I had to go through immigration, get my bags, go through customs, go through security again, and that took the entire 1 1/2 hours! I had to RUN and barely got on the next flight. Obviously, my luggage didn't run fast enough! Then I had another 4 hour flight. So instead of the 9 hours I paid for, I got almost 16.

Is this worth complaining about? What should I say? Should I expect compensation? I thought this just might be a fun topic for discussion...

BUT, let me just say, despite my miserable trip home, the trip to the World Horror Convention was a huge success. More pics and details to come!!

0 comments: