Friday, September 23, 2011

Blog Challenge Accepted

I keep falling off the blogging wagon. I did pretty well there for awhile, blogging every time I worked out (I forget who on LJ suggested that, but thanks!) and I was successful with that for a long time. Then I went on some trips and the blog posts just fell away. I've been wanting to get back into it, I've done a few posts lately (have you noticed?!) and then I came across Julie Issac's Online Blog Challenge.

I LOVE A CHALLENGE!!


Julie is an award winning author, Content Creation Coach and the founder of the website WritingSpirit.com. She's on twitter as @WritingSpirit and hosts #WriteChat. The purpose is to make your blog "shine" by posting on a regular schedule for 100 days, beginning today and ending at the end of the year.



Julie tells us: "Blogging is an essential part of your platform. It helps you build an audience and connect with them, be seen as an expert and establish your credibility, test ideas and get feedback, create content that can be repurposed and gain visibility on the web, and above all, promote your books, brand, services, and other products."

From Julie's website:

Why S.H.I.N.E. Online? Because your blog is your home base, it's where people get to know you. In creating an online presence, your blog is your best opportunity to shine online! Every single blog post gives you another opportunity to S.H.I.N.E. To:

        Stand out
        Help
        Inspire
        Navigate
        Engage

I signed up and committed to blogging three times a week for the next 100 days. According to Julie's first blog today, three posts a week will be 42 posts. Forty-two posts! She encourages us to think about applying some structure to our 100 days of posts. I'm still thinking it over, but I think I'd like to try to do one post a week that's a "Tips from the Pros" topic, writing about the things I've learned from conventions, conferences and conversations with Professional authors. The other two times a week? I think I might just let myself be me, since that's what I'm best at, and blog about whatever I want to share that day. There's a mailing list for blog tips, articles and blog challenge updates to keep everyone on track.

So if you're like me and need a kick in the pants when it comes to blogging, why not join me? It's easy. Sign up here: http://blog.writingspirit.com/2011/09/2011-shine-online-blogging-challenge.html




0 comments: