Monday, May 17, 2010

Fifth Draft Complete

I did it! I made it through another draft of novel number one.

Now, for the exciting part.

I'm not sure if blogged about this before, but I won a critique by agent Laurie MacLean in the Boom Effect auction. This was an auction set up by author and podcaster Phillipa Ballantine, to raise money for Tee Morris' daughter when her mother died unexpectedly. People donated a ton of items and a lot of money was raised. I donated a 12 Week Workout and Nutrition Program (the winning bidder is currently on the program!) and I was lucky enough to win one of the items Laurie donated.

Laurie McLean is a professional agent from Larsen Pomada- representing both Tee Morris and Philippa Ballantine as well as other great authors. Laurie is going to read my full novel manuscript and give me a 1-2 page high-level critique. How great is that?! I thought it was a unique opportunity (a nearly impossible one, really!) and the money went to a good cause.

I'll be sending Laurie a hard copy of the manuscript this week. Needless to say I'm excited and nervous! What if she says I can't write? (oh dear!) What if she tells me it's all terrible?! (Ack!) I may need therapy.

Wish me luck. ;)

0 comments: