Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Client-Blatant Plugs for Writing Excuses, Twitter and My Training

Do you listen to the INCREDIBLY GREAT podcast, Writing Excuses? "15 minutes long, cuz you're in a hurry, and we're not that smart." Brandon Sanderson, Howard Tayler and Dan Wells host this snappy, informative podcast that never fails to inspire me and make me laugh. I follow all of them on Twitter (here comes another endorsement for the network..) and noticed that Howard Tayler, author of the comic space opera, Schlock Mercenary, tweets quite often about working out. I think we'd exchanged a few tweets (because that's how it works, folks, you can actually talk to famous people...) and then just last week he tweeted something about workouts or diet and I replied to ask him if he wanted help. Fast forward a week or so, and I'm now training wecartoonist and podcaster, Howard Tayler, in exchange for his help in promoting myself as an author. You know, for that day when I have more than two stories published. ;) 

He's included his decision to train with me on his blog HERE which is a great way to keep accountable, not to mention, give me a big promo shout out.

What's the point of my blog? Sheer self-promotion, really. And to say, hey, if you have a skill that you can exchange for help with your writing or promotion for your writing career, don't be afraid to ask!! (caveat-pg 13 rated skills only, please)

Good luck, Howard, we'll be watching...

0 comments: