Monday, November 29, 2010

20Spec

Do you like the idea of writing a story set in the roarin' twenties? How about a story set in the twenties, with a speculative fiction twist? Jaym Gates and Erika Holt (editors of the nearly infamous Rigor Amortis) are taking submissions for a new anthology and I thought some of you might be interested! Here's the submission guidelines, the only change being they have extended the deadline to December 20th.

They're looking for "stories about such things as gansters, the Klan, social and political upheaval, speakeasies..tell stories that take place after dark, far from home, in abandoned stills. Don't be afraid to travel abroad, either."

If you're on twitter, check out hashtag #20spec for updates from the editors and tweets from people working on their stories. I've started my story..why not join me in submitting!

I'm currently reading this book for inspiration. :)

0 comments: