Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spoken Ink presents Venturing Beyond

Tomorrow I'm leaving for the Rainforest Writers Village Retreat, situated on beautiful Lake Quinault in the Pacific Northwest Pennisula. "Five days to be only a writer." This year they ran two sessions because the first one ran out so fast and those of us in the second session have been able to see photos and videos from the first group and it looks fantastic! Many of my friends have signed up for the same session and I can't wait. I will post pictures and I hope to report back about all the goals I've achieved while I'm there..isolated, with no TV, no phones, no internet. (and I'm hoping no mask wearing, knife weilding crazies).

When I return, I've been invited by the great folks at the Burnaby Writers' Society to do a reading at their Spoken Ink event. I'll be joining author Mary Choo and am very excited for the chance to share my work. Spoken Ink events always have an open mic as well, so if you're in the area and want to read to an audience, come on out! We'd love to have you. :)




0 comments: