Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Craftathon for Critters

I blogged about this once already, but I think it deserves re-blogging.

I've invented a new charity event..the Craft-athon for Critters.Not only that, I have co-erced my mom into doing it with me.
Here's what we've decided to do.

EVENT DATE: January 31st, 9am to 9pm

OUR GOAL: Raise money for our SPCA while making Snuggles blankets for the homeless cats and dogs.

PLAN: 12 hours of knitting and crocheting cat and dog blankets. We'll do as many blankets as we can in that time, then donate them all to the SPCA, and gather sponsor donations.

HOW YOU CAN HELP: You can help us in our quest to help the homeless cats and dogs by making a charitable donation through the ChipIn button below. You can sponsor us per hour, for example, $1 an hour for $12, or any amount you'd like. Every little bit helps. OR, make a donation to your local animal shleter in honour of our attempt!

If you're a crafty person and would like to join in from your own location, simply email me to let us know! sandrawickham@live.ca. We can encourage and support each other while making some animals very happy!

Just to make sure the blankets we give out are good ones, we have our official quality assurance blanket tester to approve our work. ;)



0 comments: