Sunday, January 24, 2010

iGoogle

I have taken the advice I found in the September 2009 Writer's Digest issue (yes, I'm behind!) and have started using an iGoogle page. I've been using it for three days now and have found it extremely helpful! It's a great way to get all your social media in one place, but you can also add whatever other gadgets you like.

It's easy to set up, just sign up for a Google account (for free) and go to the iGoogle link. From there you can begin to add gadgets, and customize the look. I have Twitter, Facebook, hotmail, myspace and Blip.fm all on one page now! I have the Writer's Idea Bank Unblock tool, the Daily Literary Quote (both suggested by Writer's Digest), Inspirational Quotes and Pictures, a to do list and Dr Suess Quotes. You can also add blogs, games and much more. You can even add social gadgets, that can be shared among friends. Currently I'm trying to set up a "To Do List" with a friend, we haven't quite got it working, but will keep you posted. If it does work, it could be very useful!

If you'd like to optimize your time online, I recommend checking it out!


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go. - Oh' the Places You'll Go!
-Dr Seuss.

0 comments: